Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Jan. & Feb 2012






Welcome 2012!! May we see blessings where it seems there are none and bring glory to God in all we do. Health, happiness, & fewer hospital stays...just a few of my wishes for this year.
For the month of January we did well.  It snowed…there was a little sunshine, but most of all there was RAIN and lots of it.  We had over 5 inches of rain in 48 hours and Salem flooded. Aside from that, January was calm. 
Tristan had his 9 month check-up and vaccinations and was crawling everywhere. 
Claire was doing well.  We started her Ativan wean, ordered her wheelchair, and enjoyed therapy. 
Jake and I, along with my parents, were exhausted.  Jake was travelling a TON in January and I think we were all on the brink of burnout. As always, God is faithful and kept us all sane and functioning.

February seemed pretty uneventful in retrospect.  Claire had an aspiration pneumonia (again) which led to her getting a G/J tube…bypassing her tummy and allowing food to go directly into her intestines.  The simple procedure and tube placement cut Claire’s reflux down instantly.  Probably the most difficult thing for me (at the time) was Tristan just deciding one day to stop nursing.  I of course had a long wean planned for him that was going to go well past his 1st birthday.  I think after about 3 days I snapped out of my funk and realized that there was some new found freedom and stress relief from not nursing Tristan anymore…he could easily be dropped off with a sitter in emergency situations and though I hated washing bottles…I did start spending less time sitting on the couch.   We enjoyed the Super Bowl with my family as is our tradition and cruised into March.

No comments:

Post a Comment