Monday, June 25, 2012

September blog catch up

September, 2011…
The month of September was fairly stable and filled with antibiotics for Claire…and waiting. The month went by without much excitement…except for one incident. Claire definitely keeps us on our toes.
September 21…we had an appointment with the neurosurgeon in Portland and my mom went with me and the kids. I believe this was the appointment we scheduled the placement of the second VNS for Claire. September 21…also my mom’s birthday. We decided to stop in Woodburn on the way home and do a little shopping. It was a warm day and we were enjoying shopping at Carter’s for the kids’ some new clothes. While at Carter’s Claire had a seizure or two…nothing out of the norm. I was looking at some clothing and looked down at Claire and she was not taking good breaths and was starting to turn blue. I put my stuff down, took Claire out of her stroller and was rubbing her back because she had at this point turned completely blue and was not breathing at all. We rushed back to the van because I keep an oxygen tank in the van and I got Claire hooked up and pink again. I had also called 911 at this point and the Woodburn fire department and ambulance were quick to respond. At the time, of course, this was not funny but looking back on all that occurred we were quite the spectacle. We followed the ambulance up to Doernbecher and got Claire all settled into the ER. By the time we got there, Claire had stabilized and we were waiting for Jake and my dad to get there. My parents left the ER and a couple hours later so did Jake, Claire, Tristan and I. I do believe to that point in time it was our fastest trip in and out of the ER.


So I can’t say it was a happy birthday, but it was a memorable day for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment